Not sure how to feel....

My so and I have been together for five months now. He use to call me all the time, and at times when I was like "wow' he has called again. Now it has boiled down to where it seems I call more than him. I don't know if the newness has worn off or what. That is like it was an hour and half ago that I had called him and no answer and no call back. He hasnt got a job so it is not work, the only other time it ever took him this long to call back was because he was walking his dog. I don't know, don't know how to explain how I am feeling. I will say I am worried he has found interest elsewhere.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Men like to be chased, especially once they know they have you.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• The honeymoon phase has worn off. It happens. Now is when you really have to evaluate if you work together or if it was just the excitement of the "new" that made him interesting.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Did you read the book He's Just Not That into You? And I'm not saying that your guy isn't, just that some of the advice in there is great.
    i.e. Don't call him, let him call you.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I know that I am interested totally in him. I love him just haven't told him....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I wouldnt waste my time calling a man without a job, unless we were married and he was a sahd! Good luck!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Guess one reason I am upset is because I do have things to do....and if he isn't coming by today he atleast needs to be respectful and let me know. I mean why should he think I should have to wait on him...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't assume something bad at this point.It is very possible that it is just slowing down is all.I think for most relationships you will find that there are high times of daily phone calls..kisses..hugs etc. and other times not so much.That does not have to mean that anything wrong is going on.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• He got laid off but has been working side jobs...just not today.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Give him the benefit of the doubt, it it keeps happening ask him why he isn't returning your calls.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 12:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I was single and dating and I know exactly what you are going through because I'd wonder too. At around 5 - 6 months, it is time to move into the next level of the relationship. Up until then it is running on infatuation and adrenaline. This is the time that a lot of relationships either break up or become closer. It's a good time to ask him where he stands on your relationship and if he is interested in being more serious and long term. It will give him an opportunity to tell you he is not interested (which you need to know so you don't waste your time). You have nothing to lose and asking him will not scare him off if he is wanting a relationship with you. If it does, then you have your answer.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011