My son hates his crib, he is 10 months old and has maybe slept through the night 7 times. So there are times when I get really sleep deprived and he is so tired that I just have to put him in his crib and he will cry for max of 10 minutes. Now he screams whenever I put him in the crib regardless if he is going to sleep or not... Any suggestions to help him not hate it so much???

newmommy09

Asked by newmommy09 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was always told to put items in his crib that are your like your pillow, blanket just something with your scent on it
    wlmead

Answer by wlmead at 6:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• maybe just let him cry it out - not longer than 30 min alone in the crib - but he knows that you will take him out if he cries so he uses this to his advantage.
    if he cries for 30 minutes take him out let him calm down and make sure you stay in his room with the lights out then after he is calm lay him down stay in there with him and keep him laying down rub his back - if he tries to get up just lay him back down and rub his back some more - he will get the idea that you want him to sleep there and thats what is going to hapen if he likes it or not.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• when my son is fussy i rub his back and hum or sing. I have blankets that are just for him and they are very soft and warm he often will grab it and curl up on his side. Also mobiles and i have this thing that attaches to the side of my sons crib and it's got adjustable music lights and little animals. If u wanna see what i'm talking about email it. let him know your there even if he cant see you like and make sure he's got personal items that let him no it's time for sleep. dont take those items out for play.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 7:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• you can always put him in a playpen and see if that works...or make sure he is in the room with u in his crib...he is maybe scared
    ladythorp

Answer by ladythorp at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Well, I probably won't be of much help--my crib ended up as a giant laundry basket instead of a baby holder, heh. But if you want to make it a fun place to be, try sticking him in there with some toys while the sun is up and the room is bright. Play lively music and play with him... toss him a soft ball or toy and make it fun to be in there. He will pick up on your tension when it comes time to put him down for a nap/to bed. So try your best to keep up a happy, cheerful demeanor. Fake it till you make it.
    If you do the "play time" bit I suggested, you can put him in there later to play on his own, while you're still in the room, though occupied with something other than him. Fold laundry in there while he plays. Make it a place that isn't something to dread, but a place he associates good times with.
    Good luck!
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 9:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2008