What did you 3 year old boy like more??

Gymnastics or Swimming? I am stopping at both to get their pricing list but wondered if your children did either at this age, what they thought?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE gymnastics! They haven't taken swimming lessons yet, but they both had some anxiety when we took them to the pool and lake last summer. My oldest also had a fear of water and didn't take to swimming lessons until she was a bit older.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Neither, my boy wanted to be a Power Ranger
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Swimming
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• All 3 of my kids preferred the gymnastics. They still aren't the biggest on swimming, but love to play in the sand next to the water.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Whatever u do,don't force him into sports. My sister did that and now they don't want anything to do with her!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Swimming!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my son loves swimming but has never been in gymnastics
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• He enjoyed both. We have a pool, and he took gymnastics for awhile.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would suggest asking your child what he thinks he might like to do and then let him try it. Most places, like gymnastics will allow a child to take part in a class or two free of charge to see if it's something they like doing. That way you don't end up paying for something they really don't like. Swimming classes, though...at some point I'd do that anyway, just from a water, pool, beach safety standpoint.
    As I said, our boy wanted to be a Power Ranger...so finally we found a Martial Arts class near home that we could afford when he was about 7 1/2, We signed him up for, I think 6 months, thinking that in about 3 months, if not sooner, he'd be tired of it....kids being kids an all. They so often think they want to do something and then discover they don't like it. Well, he's now 15 yrs, a world champion, holds a black belt in a japanese stye and a 2nd degree in a korean style, plus he's an instructor. Ya just never know.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Only one of my son's had any interest in gymnastics and he loved it. He was about 7 when he asked and we gave it shot.
    My other son wanted to try karate at 5, we tried it and he decided he didn't like it.
    Both my boys started wrestling at 4 and have continued this sport and they are 12 and 16. My oldest is a state, regional and national champion. My youngest is following in his footsteps but prefers football. They both started baseball 4 as well and have stuck to that.
    I recommend letting him given things a try, like meriana said many places will let you go to a class or two free of charge to see your child would be interested.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011