4 month old babyy

My DD is 4 months old. Should she be able to roll over by now?

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 12:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No - It took my younger two girls a bit before they would roll over. I'm sure shes fine!

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 12:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It depends on the child. My dd was by then, but my ds was almost 6mo before he could.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 12:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• She will start soon,all kids r different.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think they should be able to by 5 months on average.. but lots of kids do some milestones late and are perfectly normal and healthy! I know some kids who did one or two milestones late and others early. My daughter did all the first ones early but it took her forever to walk. it just depends on the child. If you are very concerned ask her doctor. Also 4 month olds have other milestones besides rolling over as long as she is doing other milestones she is fine. If there are other things she is not doing just talk to her doctor about it. I know its hard not to worry but the first year is very different for every baby and you can't go by what other kids can do : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• What other milestones should i look for that she should b doing?
    Glouii

Comment by Glouii (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My son is 4 months too and he doesn't roll over either. He tries though. My son has started smiling, laughing, grasping objects, reaching for things. He has been trying to sit up too. i don't know if these are milestones, but this is what he is doing now:)
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011