How do you get the better deal when buying lodging for vacation.

Just looking for tips to get great deals that may be hiding!

ljlM

Asked by ljlM at 3:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Travel

• According to my November issue of Reader's Digest: go to www.hotels.com and then also use codes found at www.currentcodes.com and www.keycode.com
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i like priceline.com I have only used it for a hotel but i stayed at a 3 star hotel for less than a hundred bucks. If you are getting a hotel usually they ask for a deposit but priceline gets them to knock it off
    punkomama08

Answer by punkomama08 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Rent a vacation condo.
    Sandra090269

Answer by Sandra090269 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I agree with renting a vacation condo! That way you get plenty of space, plus a full kitchen so that you can store food and prepare meals instead of eating out constantly. We take several trips a year and we used to get hotel rooms, but we have since bought into a vacation club. Now that we use condos everywhere we go, we would never want to use a hotel again. But you don't have to buy into a vacation club, I can recommend a timeshare rental website. If you are interested, message me and I will give you the website. (cause I have to look it up to make sure I get it right, lol).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• sign up for all the hotels frequent guest programs and e-mails . They will e-mail you specials! The entertainment book and AAA have great deals too!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• do a timeshare tour!! We stayed at Mystic Dunes a 4 star resort in Orlando for $433 for the week for doing a tour
    determind

Answer by determind at 12:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008