what the heck happppend?

My DD jsut turned two and with that...came a big changeeee
She has been yelling at me and her father at the top of her lungs...and she will point her finger as if she is screamin right at us..

she isnt around anyone else..and we dont do this to her at all, along with the screaming at us, she will also..try and smack, while yelling at us,

she will even smack out of the blue...for nothing...
she is very mean to my prego tummy she will smack it....etc etc...
i dont know what to do...

I am thinking about taking tv TIME away because i beleive that is where she is learning this from... and letting her just tune into educational things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could just be a phase, my daughters who are now 7 went through a phase that sounds about the same as this when I was pregnant with their little brothers. And the only way we found to deal with it was to keep taking priveleges off them and putting them in time out. In the end they learnt that their actions had serious consequences and that if they wanted to misbehave then we weren't going to stand for it. Just be brave and stand up to her! I'm sure it's just a phase, unless you can think of anything that's changed recently (maybe the pregnancy). Good Luck, just imagine it times two hehe. I hope it works out alright.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 3:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• TV is a possibility, and she also could be acting out due to the impending arrival of the baby. Have you spoken with her about the baby?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yes...I have...lots and lots of times...she is kind at times..and will give my tummy kisses...the new baby * girl* will be here in dec
    but it cant switch...like last night she head butted me right in the tummy! running full force at me..and it took my breath away,

she is very involved in the pregnancy ...she goes to the doctors with me...to hear the heart beats etc..goes to the Ultrasounds, etc...onlyy time her and daddy dont go is when i have an exam...i even found her playing with her baby dolls * which she never has before* ....rocking them back and forth...and giving them kisses...

she is an awesome kid...i just dont know ...why she is acting the way she is...:o(
    Anonymous

• tv could be areason... my 3 yr has smacked me and even a friend of mine in the face to to where we had a hand print... but it was his temper... my dr told he since we are always graspin our environment and moods do change that children often young tend to be more physical and vocal with their bad behavior. This is also why they call it the terrible 2 and the torturing 3s... search online for some ways to control her emotions.
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 3:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Another example is the short attention spand for an infant... they tend to be interested until they spot something else...and if they are not pleased...we are left with the little "menices" lol
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 3:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008