Are you a good friend or just a loner?

How would you describe your ability to be a person in a friendship? Are you the one that everyone calls when they need a shoulder? You the one telling all your business but never have time to be supportive? Or you the one that has friends who you talk to, listen to, and help ?

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 12:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I am a wonderful friend to those i love!
    My friends know they can call me anytime, and i will do anything to help them.. Whether it's listening to their troubles, helping them move, watching their kids, or needing to borrow something... My friends know that if i am capable to help, i will do anything i can for them.
    And it says a lot that most of my friends have been my friend for a very very long time, I can call any of them anytime and they will help, and they all consider me to be family, more than a friend...
    My friends have said that i am one of the greatest and most trustworthy friends, and that they all hope to be my lifelong friend..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'm the "fixer." Everyone comes to me with their problems, from financial to cooking. I'm a very loyal friend, I'm always there for them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• same as scuba
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think I'm a good friend and I have a wonderful best friend. We have been there for each other for over 20 years. She used to be my SIL and I sided with her in the divorce (that caused issues with my in-laws). We can paint our nails the same color without talking or fix the same thing for dinner without talking first.

She is my sister from another mother. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i can be a good friend but i also like my alone time
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Hubs and I both have the ability to be great friends with other people, but we are loners for the most part.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i go both ways. loner and being a friend
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 1:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'm a great friend, but i can also be a recluse sometimes. But, sometimes being a recluse, has nothing to do with my friendship abilties.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am a good friend but you have to prove your worth to me before I let you become a good friend. I mean, I don't just let anyone come into my life and open up to them all of my inner most secrets on the first day I meet them. They have to show they are willing to do the same amount of work as I am to hold a good friendship together. They have to be able to hold secrets, be trustworthy, honest, and loyal. So, I appear as a recluse to most.
    Inana

Answer by Inana at 1:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• The few close friends I do have, come to me with problems. The few times that I have expressed my problems to any of them, they didn't like it....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011