How long??

How long can you hold your urine without causing a UTI?

I have classes that are an hour and twenty minutes long and given about ten minutes to travel between classes. Sometimes it takes the entire ten minutes to get across campus. We're only allowed maybe three tardies the entire semester. I drink a lot of water (to stay hydrated) and even when there's food in my stomach, the water passes right through me. I don't want to miss any part of the lecture and my largest break is about two hours. I have classes back-to-back, so I'm pretty much holding it for about three hours.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Health

• I would go to the bathroom before class, and not drink so much for the next three hours.

I typically have to hold it for four hours during my radio shift and never ever have had a UTI from it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i go evry 3-4 hrs
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have never had a UTI. I go every 4 hours sometimes. Go when you can, don't drink a lot of water.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011