How often should I be taking my 21 month old to the potty?

We just started potty training my daughter this week. I want to know how often I should take her to sit on the potty and what other tips you have for me. Thanks.

Daphnee925

Asked by Daphnee925 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every 30 minutes or less

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i would say taking her to the potty every 10-15 minutes and having her wear underwear the wetness my dd or DS didn't like it at all and potty trained in about 1month lol GL momma it is a frustrating but worth it
    2_kiddos

Answer by 2_kiddos at 1:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• in daycares they will take her every hour but i take my 23 month every 30 -45 min. be patient it will take time. we say "peepee in the potty no peepee in your pullups" in a sing songy voice GOOD LUCK
    2ndiapers

Answer by 2ndiapers at 1:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think she's too young. But if you really want to do it, take the diapers away completely. Take her every 1/2 hour until she gets it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011