what would you consider a bad mother?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• A mom who thinks she is the best and never tires to improve on her parenting. Or a mom who is not there. If a mom is wondering if she is a good mom or not, then she is.
    ejglass09

Answer by ejglass09 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think a bad mother is one who physically or mentally hurts her children or allows someone else to without doing anything to stop it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't consider any mom to be a "bad" mom.  We all make bad choices.  No one is in someone else's shoes and no one thinks the same. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My stepsons mother. She allowed a meth dealer to babysit him, fed all her foodstamps to her friends andleft him malnourished, didnt get him medical attention for a 6month long ear infection that premantly damaged his speach., took the money we sent for child support and got tattoos and piercings with it and cried online she had no money for diapers, neglected ss to the point he was found wandering her apt complex at 7am while she slept. We have him now, full custody for the last 4yrs, she hasnt come once to see him or called in 2yrs. She just lost another kid to his father in court yesterday.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• One that nelgects her children, beats her children, emotionally or psychologically abuses her children. One who is not there...you know one who would rather get drunk or high, party rather than raise her children.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Here is the thing, EVERYONE can point the finger at ANYONE and say I don't like what your doing, your a bad mother.  You have to decide for yourself what makes YOU a bad mother, and that's what I focus on.  I focus on my strengths and weaknesses, what I need to improve on and what I've already accomplished.  Worrying about what someone else is doing is time consuming and nothing but your own opinion anyways.  For example, I can say "OMG SHE IS ON HERE FOR 8 HOURS A DAY, WHO IS WATCHING HER CHILDREN? OMG SHE'S SO LAZY!"  When in reality "she" is doing several things at once.  That's what I mean by putting yourself in someone elses shoes, it's not going to happen.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• – collapse
    mothers who spank
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Perfect example.  Especially of a troll trying to start trouble. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• MrsHouston, with all due respect, if we hadnt paid attention to the abuse and neglect, my stepson would probably be dead or more brain damaged than he is now. We had been trying for 2 years thru the courts to get custody, but the state of Mass. wanted her to prove she was a bad mother, which she did. Thank God Rhode Island didnt make my ss's half brother suffer. We cant always live and let live. You cannot tell me that this mom has legit reasons for treating her children this way. I would never walk in her shoes. I have too much self respect aand love for my kids
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• abusive, neglectful, intoxicated and/or absent (mentally, physically or emotionally)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011