What would your teachers reaction be if you said.....

Scenario: Teacher (college Math060) is handing back the latest test to all students. You are handed the only 100% test and you are surprised. The first thing out of your mouth is an excited "shut up!!!" Do you know what I mean, like"ohmygoodnesshutup" type thing.

What would your teachers reaction be? Anger? Amusement? What?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in

• My college math instructor would have laughed. I have had amazing instructors that have a sense of humor. Even the one that didn't seem like it, did. I would suggest talking to the instructor when no one is around. Let him know that you were surprised and not upset. Let him know that he embarrassed you by commenting in front of the class. You did nothing wrong. Good for you for having such wonderful grades.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my kids teachers would prolly know what my kids are talking about. teachers are usually pretty hip to slang and langurage like that.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 1:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think they would just laugh...but every teacher is different.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think teachers have a great sense of humor. They would most likely laugh or make a funny comment back. My son is in HS. His teachers are all hysterical.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well my teachers is angry. He said, in front of the whole class, "I didn't expect that from YOU." I felt like such a jack ass in front of everybody and no matter how much I apologized he just kept saying how horrible it was. I don't even want to go back on Monday!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• He is an idiot with no sense of humor then. Most of my teachers would just look at me like I was crazy or laugh at me. Don't let it stop you from going to class.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thank you kmath. I feel like crying. I have been working my butt off in that class. Out of 4 tests so far, I have had the highest grade on 2 of them. I have all A's and am so proud of myself. Then this stupid scenario happens and I'm just dreading going back. I really don't understand what I did so wrong. It was just a dumb reaction.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

Next question in
possible to go back to school?

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
answers please! adult content