Dave Ramsey Money Class

Have any of you ever taken the class? What did you think of it?

I just signed up. Had our first class on Sunday. So far, I'm really enjoying it.

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have taken the class and I thought it was so worth the money. We're about 4 weeks away from being completely debt free.

I do want to add though that it isn't necessary to take the class in order to succeed with his baby steps. You can check out his books from the library for free, and listen to his archives online for free. But if you do have some extra money and you want to take his class, I think you'll enjoy it. It's super motivating, has tons of good information in it, and it's a lifetime membership.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My sister-in-law and her husband followed the Dave Ramsey method and are 100% debt free as of this past Thanksgiving.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I haven't taken the class, but I love Dave's methods. I paid off 46k in 16 months.
    There is a Dave ramsey fan group here on CM.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I haven't taken the class, but I do have all of his books. He is so inspiring. We paid off over $30k and we are debt free and working on paying off the mortgage.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My church offers it but I don't have the money to pay for the class. Right now I have 10 dollars to my name and am looking at eviction if I can't find 1500 in the next week
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 5:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I haven't taken a class, but Dave Ramsey and David Bach and both wonderful. I recommend reading David Bach and his "finish rich" books, such as "Smart Couples Finish Rich"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would love to but I am not paying to take the class. I would love to read his books though.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I've taken it, and I am so glad we did! His information and methods have kept us from going further into debt when it would've been super easy to just bounce money back and forth on the credit cards.

By the end of this year, we should have paid off almost all of our debt, and we're starting out almost $2500 BEHIND.
    eeyore530

Answer by eeyore530 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2011