Are you comfortable with your body after kids?

I just wanted to put this out there...I'm sure some of you can relate to my situation. I am 5'1" tall and before I got pregnant with my son (who is now 4) I was 128 lbs. I gained 50 lbs with him... but eventually over the course of a little over a year I got down to 135. I was happy at that weight but it didn't last long. When my son was 2 I got pregnant again and miscarried. After that I gained 10 lbs so I was up to 145. I was that weight when I got pregnant with my daughter( who just turned 1 the beginning of this month) . I only gained 20 lbs with her and I lost it all within the first two months of her being born!

Then, I got the Mirena and I only gained about 5 lbs. Which I heard is common. In march of this year I will have had it in for a year. I don't have any other complaints other than the fact that here I sit at 150 lbs and no matter what I do I can't lose a pound!

The good news is...I don't seem to be gaining. I don't know why I can't lose. It's not for lack of trying either. I am a stay at home mom to two kids. I babysit a little guy 3 days a week. I'm constantly up and down... cleaning, cooking, etc...the ususal stay at home mom duties. I run around with my kids. We dance a lot. I exercise a minimum of 30 min a day in some form or another. I eat pretty healthy. I drink water. I get plenty of sleep. I don't snack that much and when I do its on something healthy. and NOTHING! I just don't get it!

Also, from having kids I now have loose skin that hangs over my pants if I don't hide it right. Nothing quite fits me well at all. I also have a torn rectus muscle (which is the muscle in your abs I guess) so my belly protrudes and will do so until I get a surgery to repair it. (which lord only knows how long that will take to save for) So, I just don't feel that attractive.

My husband loves me so much and can't keep his hands off me. I have never had a problem with him not thinking I'm sexy or beautiful. I am so lucky to have him love me so unconditionally! I just came across old pics of myself and wanted to cry! I was so tiny... And now here I am at 5'1" tall and 150 lbs.

I know i shouldn't base my self worth on how little I was. I am trying to be happy in my own skin but it's hard. I just don't know what to do anymore. What do you ladies do?

I'm not talking about weight loss...because I know what to do...nothings happening for me yet in that department. Do you ladies accept your mommy bodies with some extra weight and all the little tid bits (like loose skin) that goes along with it? What do you do to feel good about yourself?

Do any of you ladies have the mirena and have the same problem I am having with not being able to lose weight?

Don't get me wrong. I have my good days where I am loving the way I look. But more often than not I'm complaining about my body... or beating myself up for slipping up one little bit on my eating.. I'm just sick of it.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks for reading...I just had to get this off my chest. :o)

MommyLuvsNate

Asked by MommyLuvsNate at 2:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Health

• I accidentally closed out this question prematurely. But I just wanted to thank Felipesmom2 for the response she gave! That was really great. Here it is:

Mmmm sounds to me like you have an awesome life. Two wonderful kids and a wonderful husband. Of COURSE you are going to feel bad about how you look now compared to before kids. Of course. And I don't think anyone can ever completely let go of that feeling. You just need to accept who you are... which means accept your body, and also accept your grief for what you once had and now may never get back. Maybe it would help to focus on what you got in return? Would you go back to that body if it meant not having kids? Would you go back to that body if you could, even if it meant ridiculous measures? I mean, it sounds like you are living a very healthy, normal life - but it also sounds like losing any more would require some extreme measures. I myself prefer my life, and body, no
    MommyLuvsNate

Comment by MommyLuvsNate (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• ( continued) now over the body I could have coupled with what it would take to get me there. Hugs to you mama, and give one to your hubby for me too :o)
    MommyLuvsNate

Comment by MommyLuvsNate (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I didn't gain a single thing in the two years I had mirena. I hadn't heard it made you gain anything actually. I am pregnant for the second and last time, but after my first I was VERY un happy with how stretch marked and saggy my boobs were. They went up three cup sizes in TWO weeks. Boobs and butt where my only stretch marks, none on the belly.

I'll see how I feel after this one LOL. I had always been self conscious of my boobs anyway because they were such a small size.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011