JP/Courthouse Wedding?

How did you set up your JP Wedding or Courthouse Wedding? Did you get your marriage license first and then call? Did it cost you anything?

We're planning to just have a simple courthouse wedding but aren't sure how to go about it.

Thanks =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Call the Clerk of Courts

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Depends on your state. you can call the local courthouse they are generally really good about answers these kinds of questions. I know here in VA you get your license and then they give you a list of civil servants and you call them and see who is available. they max they can charge in VA is $50 but can charge f they have to travel. I would also suggest googling any names you get. I found and awesome lady that way! Good luck

andria82

Answer by andria82 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We had to go get a license and then we could go get married wherever. It didn't cost that much but I cant remember.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• In most states, you have to get your license first because there may be a waiting period. In SC, it is 3 days.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Look up your county website. Often times the info is there. If not they have numbers listed like County Clerk Office or CSO office
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We has to go in the day before we got married to file for a license and i think it cost less then $50
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We jsut went to the county clerks office. and fill out a marriage license.5 minutes later we were married. it cost 25 dollars. but then again it really depends on the state and city. in El Paso, TX it was $75 whereas in Las Cruces, NM it was $25 and their only 30 -45 minutes apart.
    Shortma197

Answer by Shortma197 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We had to get our marriage license first, then pick a JP we wanted to use. They need the license before they set up a date. JP cost us $50 and the license I can't remember.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We got ours a few weeks before the wedding. It cost like $25. I don't remember the exact amount. It was a long time ago.
    Inana

Answer by Inana at 2:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2011