what should i do

ok my son is three mouths till this day i have never gave him a bottle ever ive only breast feed . i have no time to myself i always have to be with him because i have to feed him i tryed pumping milk what should i do he dont no how to drink from a bottle i tryed and it s hard to get things done when i have a house hold to main tain how can i get him to drink from a bottle so i dont waist my mild puming an throwing it away .

jack90

Asked by jack90 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Kids' Health

• He'll have to learn to drink from a bottle. It's not instinctual like breastfeeding is. Try a different bottle with a different nipple.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Keep trying!

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• try a different bottle, they make some that are suppose to make the baby think its the breast.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I agree, try different nipples.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• First, take a deep breath. This time really is difficult, but it is sooo short too. It won't last forever that you have no time to yourself and can't get anything done. If you consider this and still feel the need to give your son a bottle, then do try a different bottle. The Adiri Natural Nursers are shaped just like a breast and are soft and squishy like that too. It's a good option.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Also, don't waste your milk by throwing it away. Put it in the freezer, girl! Save it for the day when he does take a bottle or a cup.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Try a differnet nipple, and I had a friend who's pediatrician said to add a little bit of french vanilla creamer to the formula because breatmilk has a sweet vanilla taste to it.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 2:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Oh and also having someone else feed him from the bottle may help to.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 2:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• they have a bottle out with a nipple that is just like the breast its made by evonflo and if you pumb and he doesnt want it try and frezze it i breast feed my dd until she was 1yr old and she barely had a bottle but once i went back to my nursing job i had to try something and i found that bottle and it works wonders hope i was hellpfull
    Jocelynn18

Answer by Jocelynn18 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Keep trying!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2011