How do i get back in the game of dating with 3 kids and being 32 year old?

I am single for the first time in 9 years and have no clue how to start over or even if i should. My mom was never remarried and as much as i love my mom she is a man hater... LOL! Its like she wants me to be like her and alone. She don't date at all on her off days from work she comes over and spend all her time with us here. I don't want to smother my kids because i'm lonely to admit it to myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• No help here so here's a bump
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I was in the same boat as you - 32 years old with 3 kids and back in the dating game after 12 years of marriage. I tried the online dating thing and I met one nice man, but there was no spark. I ended up going back to school, where I never thought I'd meet someone - and ended up meeting my husband. We started off as friends and it just evolved into something more. I would say just get involved in things that interest you - take a class at a community college, or join a gym, volunteer somewhere. Whether or not you find someone right away, getting out and around some new people will be good for you. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• IDK but good luck to you!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I've been out of the loop for 20 years so this may no may not be good advice. If I were you, I would just start with letting friends and co workers know that you are now single. After a few weeks ask them if they have plans for the weekend. Make plans to hang out with your other single friends. Have lunch, go shopping, ride together to pick up the kids. Just small stuff. Once you feel good about your new friendships begin to ask if they know of any friends they could introduce you too. Better yet, while your out with your friends, watch how is watching you. Make eye contact and smile. If they respond with a smile, approach that man with a question (Do you have the time? Where do I know you from?). See where it goes from there. Good luck, mama.
    Inana

Answer by Inana at 2:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• thank you! I think i'm more worried that i will fall fast and get hurt or my kids get hurt. As far as friends i lost most of them when i got married they didn't like my husband.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am right there with you, 34 and one daughter. I have tried online dating, a new job, a new church and still nothing
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 3:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• happy hour! lol. i think you should try friends first instead of jumping right into dating. get comfortbale with being single and watch it watch it watch it. since you're already worried about fallin too fast you already know you might be at risk so you can be on the alert about it. good luck =)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 5:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011