Why cant some mommas boys cant pull away from thier mommas coattail and be a mans man!

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Because then they don't reap all the benefits that comes with being a momma's boy. The list is long in some cases! Someone who thinks he's super duper, maybe someone that does his laundry, gives him money, put up with his crap, makes him feel awesome about himself, et cetera, et cetera.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I've got a mama's man! :)

My x on the other hand, still a mama's boy, more than half the reason we divorced in the first place.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Because after a lifetime of being told that he's worthless, and nothing without her, and all the rest of the hyper-critical and crippling emotional blackmail, he starts to believe it.

Better the devil you know, eh?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Fear. Regardless of how long he has been in a relationship, mom has been there longer. No matter what happens in his marriage or work, or life in general, mom has always been there. They want the safety net of mom just incase something happens.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Rephrase that in English, please? I'm seriously lost.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It makes me sick. Yes you can love your mom but your place is with your wife. I told my sister she should just end it, his mommy is #1 and always will be. If your husband mocks you behind your back with his mother than there is no point. Even my husband said this is not a man he is a little boy. My sister has a son and she said what his mother has done to her she will never do to her daughter in law one day.
    Anonymous

• Mothers make their sons this way by babying them and doing everything for them. Can ruin them in the long run and keep them from being dependable, motivated men who have families of their own to take care of. It is hindering them from growing up. They need to get out on their own and become dependent on themselves, to become responsible young men. Get out from mommies apron. Good Luck .
    Caring1

Answer by Caring1 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011