Did you ever write something on Facebook that you later regretted?

It seems there are topics that are taboo for Facebook. Politics comes to mind. I wrote something that I didn't think really had a political bend but then later realized that many people could see it that way. It probably came off as pro-Obama. I got no comments on it. So, I'm guessing people thought it was uncouth and didn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. How did you save face after a Facebook misstep? I'm usually really careful about what I write and now I'm wondering if I might lose friends over it. I was in a bad mood and had bad PMS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Just post those sentiments on FB and then move on. I find it best to confront regretable situations head on and then I feel it lifted off my shoulder. I don't post anything on FB because when my "friends" post on there, they sound so ridiculous, and I figure no one really cares that much about what's on my mind at any particular moment.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Oh yes I did! My boyfriend and I got in a huge fight, and I was so infuriated with him, that I vented about it on facebook. I am friends with his Dad, Aunt, and two sisters. MAN... that surely backfired on me.
    Another time- I wrote something about being super wasted and partying etc. it cost me a really great job opportunity. So now, I just update about my pregnancy! Or I say how super happy I am! lol
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I blocked my own sister, she is young and takes photos of people at work with poor caption choices for pictures. I told her that she could get into trouble for that. Her work actually took a look at her facebook page with one of her friends, (coworkers), and forced her to remove some photos.
    She thinks I cursed her.
    I just simply unfriended, then blocked.
    She's 28 and still partying, so we have nothing in common. She also tries to be a bossy aunt to my DD but my DD saw the picture my sister posted of herself and has no respect6 for her now.
    Anonymous

• Yes I have.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• How would it cost you a job opportunity? Did you friend someone who was interviewing you? I guess I don't understand how far reaching Facebook can be. How exactly did you lose the job opportunity? I feel like facing it head on, like making a new status about it would be even worse. Maybe if I just ignore it people will eventually forget it? I'm tempted to delete my account and bury my head in the sand.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You can always delete it or just write that you reread it and was not trying to say whatever in that way. Bascially tell your friends that you were not typing what you were feeling at the moment. I would hope that your friends would not stop being your friends over one comment .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• How can you delete a status? I can't find the status since nobody wrote on it. Anybody know?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• everyone has done that at one time or another
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 2:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I haven't yet......but I've thought of a couple of things that I'm glad that I kept to myself.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes!! I think everyone has at least once.
    MamaDebi

Answer by MamaDebi at 7:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2011