Courts and tickets

so I had got caught sppeding on suspended liscense. I had a court date but my driver made me late and missed it. Now I finally have money to go and called to see how much they said I have to appear before a judge. Im scared it means like jail time. Anybody been thru this or had a friend go through it?

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 2:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• hahah nope. I called I have to see the judge to get the warrent lifted. No jail time (says so from the clerk) it is just to lift it. She said there is no room in the I am happy there isn't!!!!!

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• lol, your driver didn't speed to get you there on time?

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• DA=Distric Attorney?

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My friend went through it. Call the DA and tell them what happened. Tell them you need to pay the fines associated and need to know if there is a warrant. If there is you can then go see a lawyer, normally there isnt a warrant though they just raise fines. Pay the fines (expect to pay them both to the courts & DMA & to be gouged).

Answer by gemgem at 2:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011