i feel bad!! NO MONEY!!!

my dads 50th bday was yesterday and my moms is coming VERy soon. i do not work bc i am due any day now. i havent been working for a while and all the money i get goes towards my kids.. my sisters r taking our parents out to eat sunday and they told me i can come. i feel like i should stay home bc i dont have any money to put towards the meal and i dont think its fair to them when they r paying for everyone!! what should i do??? if i tell them im not goin they r just goin to bitch. but they bitch about money all the time and i know its not a cheap place were goin.. i feel bad if i dont go but i feel bad if i do...i dont know!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• Tell your sisters in advance that you feel bad about going and why you feel that way.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Hey
    U should go, if this is family stuff (like a birthday celebration) you should be included and talk from a sister that has money. If it was my family i would be happy to pay for all of us to do something together and not hold it against any of them. You also have a baby on the way the should understand that.
    sammaries

Answer by sammaries at 3:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If they told you that you can come it means that they can cover for you. We do that in my family all the time. I think it is important for them if you are there and if they know about your situation then they'll pitch in for you. If you are not sure, just tell them about your concern.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 3:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would go and enjoy the time together with your family but if you are worried about the expense then when you order look for something that is less expensive. You could cut the cost by drinking water instead of soda's or tea, and it is more healthy too. If you want to contribute then ask if you can bake a cake or something. Those are usually less than a dollar. Good Luck and keep your chin up.
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i agree, I would go. If they know you are strapped on money and they are offering to pay then go. It's family time, money isn't a reason not to go. My parents try not to let us pay for theirs when we go out but we do anyway. They always pay for all us kids and when my sis and i go out to eat we take turns paying. So go
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• go! they are offering! even if you cant afford to get them anything at least be there with them to enjoy the evening!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 4:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would say go. I would go. Try to buy something not to expensive. Also if you want some extra cash to cover for the expense try cash crate. That's what I do. I explained how it works in my profile.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 6:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have been there done that..you should let your sisters know in advance how you feel
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 12:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2008