Have you ever had a close relative forget your birthday?

What did you say to them in the first conversation after? What did they say to you? I'm not referring to people who never acknowledged your birthday in the past, but rather someone, like your mom or your sister, who typically remembers, and whose birthday you typical acknowledge.

Maisy19

Asked by Maisy19 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yup! My dad forgets almost every year. I never say anything to him.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yep, actually my brother did not call this jan for my birthday, and he always calls. But he called a few days later and apologized, he had had alot of work related issues going on. Normally when someone who always remembers forgets it is not necessarliy on purpose.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 2:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My inlaws are ALWAYS a day off---PISSES ME OFF!!! and I am QUICK to set them straight since they make such a huge deal out of their birthdays!!!! last year for the first time in the 12 years we have been together he remembered on the day i about fell off the chair!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my son and my husband in the same year. I cried for three days. one of them sent me flowers later but it really stung
    Anonymous

• My cousin who I have been raised with in her wedding ang there for al her kids births forgot my 30th bday and party. She tried to blame it on her husband but he showed up late but was there. She actually got caught up with a friend and not wanting to come late did not show at all. She came the next day with our family dinner thing and apoogized but I was still hurt for a while.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My dad always has difficulty remembering my birthday. And when I ask him "Dad when is my birthday", he usually gets it wrong. Although we are getting better, he now knows it is in November. It has just become a joke. This past year most of my family forgot my birthday because my daughter was born a week before and my sons 2nd birthday was 2 days after that. So I have been moved to the back. It isn't that big of a deal to me, because I know people are busy, and half the time I have problems remember upcoming events, even when I write them down. I just will ask them if they wanna come out to dinner with me because I am celebrating my birthday.
    iluvmybabies11

Answer by iluvmybabies11 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My parents always forget my birthday. I never bring it up to them. But you better believe they remember my sister and 2 brothers b-days.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Everyone always forgets mine except my mom, who reminds everyone....she always reminds us of our family's birthdays. My sister and I have always been close....and she forgets my birthday. But sometimes its just because they mix it up with my moms birthday which is 3 days after mine. But you would think that after all this time they would get it right! One year everyone forgot and the only person to remember was DH....but we werent even dating at the time. It made my day that he said happy birthday to me that year.....and that when I started really liking him. lol.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 2:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My dad forgot... My grandma had just passed away so my dad was no where near himself. he was going through alot.
    so it was my birthday and him and i were cleaning out the fridge and my sister walks in the house and says happy birthday!!! my dad looked at her and said what. no?! lol it was really sad actually. he felt so bad and kept saying how sorry he was. he took me to dinner and for the next 4 days kept trying to make it up to me. I wasnt upset over it I just knew how hard it was for him to deal with his mom passing.
    MichelleLopez04

Answer by MichelleLopez04 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My mom. But everyone I knew forgot my birthday that year for some reason. She asked me a week later what bug I had up my butt, so I told her. She just shrugged and said I was an adult, so it's not like my birthday was all that important anymore....
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011