How do I help my husband destress when we are both feeling the pressure?

My husband is dealing with a lot at work, and we are both dealing with a lot at home. We have a blended family with special needs kids he works in the auto industry, there are lots of impending legal financial and other major pressures weighing down on us and it's unbelievably stressful. Last night he was so stressed that he didn't sleep and by three am he had a pounding migraine just to get into the car and leave for work by five... I wont see him again until seven or eight tonight. I want to be loving and helpful and supportive but between the stress we are both feeling we are often too tired or frazzled to be there for each other. How do you help your husband destress? How do you unwind? It's hard to "just be there" because it doesn't feel like enough.

ashleyaction

Asked by ashleyaction at 2:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• while sex is the last thing on my mind byt he end of a long day (every day is long lol), i think for a man it's the best way to destress. give him some tylenol with dinner to avoid a potential migraine, maybe drink as the night wears on and letterrip. and try to forget about your problems while you're with him. they'll till be there when you're done so dont worry about letting them sit in the back of your mind for whatever short amount of time oyu have to yourselves.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 5:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• dirty sex that should take his mind off everything and hopefully you to. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I agree aheuszel... SEX!
    MichelleLopez04

Answer by MichelleLopez04 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Give him quiet time,when he first comes home, so he can unwind. Don't tell him every little thing that happened during the day. Either have dinner ready, or if he has dinner before he comes hom, then some light snacks and a bottle of wine.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Just let him know that you are there for him and make some quiet time for the both of you. His health will fail, if he doesn't tune his time down between things. He needs to learn to take time for himself, meditate on something quiet and calming. Even if it is just for a few minutes. Just be there for him. God Bless.
    Caring1

Answer by Caring1 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• thank you everyone, I was going for the sex thing last night but we were both too exhausted... there is always tomorrow.
    ashleyaction

Comment by ashleyaction (original poster) at 7:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2011