Potty training

When do I know when my child is ready to be potty trained and how do I start the process?

angmarie0925

Asked by angmarie0925 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Google "toilet training readiness" and you'll see some helpful links
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• When they are dry through the night, or for extended periods of time, when they start yo tell you they went and want to be changed, usually not befor 2 or 21/2, are they showing any intrest in the potty? In the beginning I take my LO into the potty everytime anyone has to go and have them sit on the potty seat, after a while we sit on the potty and have parties and rread, sing talk have drink, snacks listen to the water, take them every hour or so, I let them be naked and have the potty chair there all the time (be prepared for accidents though and IMO AVOID pullups except for nap or bed time
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011