prego and craving tuna

is this good or bad... subway sandwhich tuna ummmmmmm....... with pickles yummmy
i am starving

thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

deyrita09

Asked by deyrita09 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't trust the cleanliness of places like Subway, so I would steer clear. But tuna in moderation when pregnant is fine.
    Anonymous

• yes. you should eat tuna if you want a smart kid. its loaded with dha for brain development
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well you can eat tuna, but I don't know if I would get it from Subway.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• and has omega 3's in it :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 3:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yes omega 3 and 6 fatty acids are important too
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• they say no more than a can a week (i think you can have more though if it isnt albacore tuna), but i wouldnt go to subway just to be safe :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My OB told me to only eat tuna once in a while... once a week I think is ok, but less if you can help it. I know I craved tuna my 1st pregnancy! You just want to keep in mind that tuna may contain small amounts of mercury and that can be harmful to the baby. That's why you can't eat a lot of it. I don't know about subway... the subway in my city kinda makes me lose my appetite when I go in there...
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 3:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i craved tuna subs too, but to stay away from subway if you want, get some cans of tuna at a grocery store and some loaves of italian bread and lettuce and pickles and make your own sandwhiches, its cheaper in the end and you dont have to go anywhere! BTW-i found out the hard way, subway sometimes doesnt carry the tuna or runs out often due to demand at the time, i went out at 7 pm with my little pregnant heart set on it and they didnt have any!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I love tuna and Subway is the only place I know for sure doesn't use albacore. I love their tuna sub with a side of banana peppers. I just got done with one a few hours ago! I have never gotten sick from Subway either.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You can have tuna just not a lot, they say eat it in moderation.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011