Menstral Cycles For Puggles -

My Puggle is 8-9 months old. This morning I noticed bright red in her urine stain (On the snow) from the day before. When she urinated this morning I again noticed that there was a hint of red in her stream. I took her out this afternoon and she had a spot of blood in her stream again. Now, I know that dogs get normal mentral cycles and for puggles it can start anywhere from 5-12 months of age. I would just like any information you have on a Puggle Mentral cycle and what I should expect. Just to rule out that, so I know whether to take her to the vet. THANKS!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 3:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pets

• I'd cal the vet and ask them.
    Anonymous

• Dogs don't have menstrual cycles, they bleed from their vagina when they are in heat. If she were bleeding from heat, you would be wiping up little droplets here and there. Also when a bitch is in heat her vagina is really swollen and red looking. Very hard to miss. Sound like she has a bladder or kidney issue if it's showing mixed in urine. Get her to the vet.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Bleeding from heat would be more constant, not only with urination. If you are seeing blood intermixed with urine, I would be more apt to suspect a urinary or kidney infection. I would take her to the vet for them to assess a urine sample.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2011