When do I start to seed my veggie garden?

When should I start seeding my veggie garden, I didn't do it in time last year and I didn't get anything :( Also, what all should I plant, what would be good?

ETA: I live in Mo, south east, near STL

KnitWit0686

Asked by KnitWit0686 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think anyone who answers will want to know where you are located. This way they can better help you due to climate and such.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 3:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You should plant after your last frost date. Find your last frost date here: http://agebb.missouri.edu/weather/frost.htm

Depending on how long your growing season is, you may still have to start some seeds indoors to give them a head start or they won't be grown enough to produce fruit before your next frost. If you don't want to start seeds indoors yourself, you can check local stores in the Spring for plants of the things you'd like to grow, like tomatoes, peppers, etc.

As for what to plant, plant varieties you like to eat. The easiest things to grow are tomatoes, peppers, radishes, lettuces and zuchinni.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011