How old was your child when they held up there head while laying on their tummy?

My daughter is almost 4 months old and still can't pick her head up off the floor when on her tummy, I just want advice about it

Tigger555

Asked by Tigger555 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My children did shortly after they were born.

Answer by Bmat at 3:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My son was early from what I understand..3 months and crawling by 6 months.. Just keep going with the tummy time, she'll get it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• im gonna say my son was around 4 months and he was just starting to get his head up for short bits of time, no worries, every child is different and she will do it when she is ready, if your still worried make sure she has plenty of tummy time!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Mine did from the day he was born. Not for long, but he did. So I was able to have him sleep on his belly from birth, because he could reposition his head if he wanted.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My daughter did it about 3 months. My son was doing it weeks after birth. He's doctor even commented on that he had a very strong neck.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my daughter did it from day 1, not for long periods of time. just keep putting your little one on her belly and give her something she likes to look at. move it up and down for her to follow.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• A month or so old.. She was doing it well by 2 months.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011