sisters wearing matchig outfits that are not twins, yay or nay?

recently i put up some pics of some outfits for my kids for homecoming and everyone loved the red white and blue tutu i had picked out for my infant and said i needed to get the same one for my preschooler. and that i should have the girls matching...
*dh is opposed to the idea of matching outfits for the girls since there not twins* i know hes not going to care what we were when he comes home...
whats your take ?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 3:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'd ask the preschooler for her input. Give her a few options including one matching her sister; she may like that idea, or she may hate it. I think it can be cute for special occasions especially when the kids are little. My older daughter thought it was neat when she could find similar outfits for her and her baby sister, which wasn't often since one was in infant toddler sizes and the other was in juniors sizes. I didn't push it on her because I hated it when my sister and I had matching outfits growing up.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I hate matching outfits even on twins.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am mostly opposed to matching outfits no matter if it is twins or not. If it is for a specific family picture then that is cool. Otherwise I say let everyone have their own thing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i think it's cute, but that's just me!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I dont see the problem. I think its cute.

Answer by gemgem at 3:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Maybe just for pictures but that's it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think it is fine on young girls. Coordinating outfits are fun too. i wouldnt do it all the time but for a special occasion I think it is fine.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• nay...my brotther's wife does that with their girls and their son has to match them, in the goofy looking smocked stuff
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It can be cute, although I personally don't like it. I don't even really like it for twins, but that is just me. I think if it is something that you would like to do and the girls are young enough that it could be cute!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'm not for it, I just think it's cheesy but that's only my opinion =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011