How do you save money?

avilio54

Asked by avilio54 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• My DH and I have an account at a bank that we don't go to very often, also in order to take money out we have to go to the bank, so it makes it difficult to just go get money. For us it works, plus we put money into a 401K and an IRA.

Good Luck, it is not easy!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• we have an automatic deduction taken out of both of our accounts into a savings, he has a new 401k too
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We have an automatic transfer set up at our bank. Then it's not up to us to put it in there. We also don't buy new cars, both are used, and paid for. My Hubby maintains them well, and that saves money. We don't have credit cards, if we can't pay for it, then we don't get it. If anything breaks, we fix it. When we remodeled our home we did the work. We feel that's saved us into the thousands...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well, after my truck was finally paid off, my Husband and I agreed to keep taking out the amount We had been paying on it every other paycheck, and put it into savings. It's nice being able to save money - until this past September, We were never able to save and lived paycheck to paycheck. We have been so blessed since my Husband started this job..if He was still in the Army, We would still be living paycheck to paycheck.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I am happy for you! I love success stories!!!!!YEAH!!!
    avilio54

Comment by avilio54 (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i work and so does my hubby but we put 10% up a week from our paychecks.. well really all my income from my home business goes into savings. it just works for us.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Someone once told me to put 100 pennies into a shoe box. Slowly, whenever you can, take those pennies out one at a time and replace them with quarters. When you've removed all the pennies in the box and have replaced them with quarter, do the same thing, but with dollar bills. Take the quarters out one by one and replace them with the bills. Then so on and so on with 5's, 10's, 20's....etc. etc.
    pressley5604

Answer by pressley5604 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Great Idea for saving money!
    avilio54

Comment by avilio54 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I say WOW to that!!!!!!!!
    avilio54

Comment by avilio54 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• we save change we try not to eat out as much and buy things we need and clearance and sales are a must...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011