what would you do if you were told you couldnt do something you really wanted to do?

Its not that they told me i couldnt do it but more or less that i shouldnt do it and that really hurt because i really want to do this endurance race and I am working really hard and i want to continue to work out and really push my body to the limits. I am a mother of 2 so i know i cant do extreme and this may be intense but I really want this and my husband says i shouldnt my other friend says its for crazy men and there are a lot of different people of different sizes, four hundred pound women are doing so i think i can manage, and I am not joking, its really putting a damper on my day though because this is just for one day for me and everyone acts like its taking up the whole year or a big inconvenience for them, it makes me feel like I am not worth this one day to test myself and have this self victory of completing this endurance race ya know. so how would you handle this?? thanks ladies!!!

emleejanedom

Asked by emleejanedom at 3:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry. It's hard when other people don't want to understand. They might just be looking after you. But I would sit them down and tell them exactly what you typed here.
    It is 1 DAY. It is for you. You give yourself to your husband and kids everyday, and you want this ONE DAY for yourself. Make sure to tell them how disappointing it is that they don't want to support you on this. I'll cheer you on from over here.

btw, when is this, so I can really cheer you on?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Id do it anyway. Its for you not them. If you cant make yourself happy who will>? Do it mama!

Answer by gemgem at 3:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Do whatever you want to do. You have been working for it. You deserve it. At least you can try. If you feel you can't finish it you still can stop during the competition. But if you don't even try it, you will be angry and frustrated with yourself and your HB and your friends as well. GL:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• do it anyways and prove to yourself that you can..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• thanks ladies!!!! this is helpful, I am doing a half marathon march 13 th and that i already am all sgned up for and the crazy endurance one is in september 17th or 18th you get to pick what day you want, most likely sunday because its cheaper that day! I need that extra motivation to kick it into gear and I am really excited it just hurts when the ones you love dont support what you want to do, i thought about it too and its not out of control or crazy. . . . . you are right i just need to explain it better, when you are upset its hard to explain yourself
    emleejanedom

Comment by emleejanedom (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• its not about being old enough, its about having the support of your loved ones, i know i can do it but it doesnt make it as fun if the ones you loved are not happy about what you are happy about
    emleejanedom

Comment by emleejanedom (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• married 14 wonderful loong years. We dated when i was 24 i think. now 41 something like that. lol
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 7:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• JEALOUSY.COM READ IT GOOD ADVISE
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011