Do you own your own daycare business?

I was wondering what you purchased to get your daycare ready? What's the basics that I need to purchase?

Would it be mats, pillows, foods with a lunch menue, and some toys also invest in cups and silverwear plates, and baby proof my house, and get a fire extinguisher? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you are doing it in your house, and are wanting to be licensed, you need to baby proof it, if you have animals, they need to be up to date on all their shots, everyone in your family including you will need to have a background check and a physical done, you need so much outdoor space, depending on the type of license you want your yard might have to be fenced in. You need things for the bathroom, like a stool, potty seat, you need she appropriate toys, mats. You will also need to write up a contract to protect yourself. A sign in and out sheet, a medicine administration form, and you need to look into insurance incase anything should happen.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You will also need chairs and tables, high chairs, a play pen if you are taking in infants,a place to put an extra change of clothes....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• The first thing you need to do is get licensed, and find out what the requirement are to have a business in your home. It would be terrible to purchases things, then be shut down.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• To start find out what the state requires
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thank you ladies.

That's my plan is to get liecensed first. But what if I just wanted to watch like 2 or 3 kids. I may not need to go all far out and have like a business, but just do daycare. ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011