so I have had it with his whole attitude on life.

my boyfriend has a different way of looking at life and I don't think our lifestyles will be compatible forever. I am the type that is just happy for life itself. I don't stress things like money and material things. If me and my family are happy healthy and makin it then I'm ok. Yes I have dreams of jobs and better housing and nicer things but it's not the top of my list. BF is 23 and ia miserable bc he doesn't have a dream job or a dream car or all the clothes shoes and money he wants. All he is concerned with is making a name for himself and getting a job that makes a lot of money. I'm family oriented...he is self centered....he can't enjoy his life bc he isn't whr he wants to be yet. He can't focus on anything else bc he's constaltly counting what he had to spend to take us out to eat or even leave the house. I don't know what to say to that plz help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like a man thing. I think women are more easy on things going on in their lives and take things in stride. Men, because they are mostly the bread winners, think they have to have the most, the best, etc. I think it is society itself. I am happy just having a roof over my head and having the bills paid. My husband is 73 and still wants more. He will never change.
    Caring1

Answer by Caring1 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think you're dating my husband. :) They really don't change, and don't try to - it doesn't work, but he may mellow. Mine certainly did.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• it's really hard to change someone esp when they dont want to..i think you just have to try to embrace also what are the things that you hate about him coz i think that if you really love a person even the negative will be a positive one for us...just pray
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• There are pros and cons. But they don't change, and may mellow out, but unless they see their behaviour as something that needs to change they won't.
    JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 4:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you seriously don't think you can live like that day in and day out then I wouldn't suggest having a long term relationship with him.....because honestly it only just eats away at you.
    Anonymous

• He is only 23. All boys are the same in that age. He will grow up sooner or later. They usually do after 30... :D
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011