For my fellow SAHM's out there

Does it annoy you when someone asks "how do you spend your days?" How do you usually answer that question.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 3:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nobody asks how I spend my days....I have 4 kids under the age of 4. They always say "you must be busy!!!!" lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I mostly hang out with other SAHM's so I dont get asked it alot. My mil has made mention of how much she would get done if she was home like she would do more then I do. I usually respond with wow then you should do it! Then I remind her shes married to a guy who refuses to work, oh my bad.
    For everyone else I tell them I watch soap operas, eat bon bons and have a parade of sexy men come visit all day until the kids get home.

Answer by gemgem at 4:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• ive had one person ask me, and i told her the truth. i have 3 kids under 5 years. she never asked again.. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I guess it's depending on how it was said and what kind of mood I am in. Most of the time I respond cleaning and taking care of my kids. Sometimes I be a smartass and say I sit all day watching soap operas.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• What gets on my nerves are the people who ask me every 5 minutes "what are you doing"?  Um, same thing I was doing 5 minutes ago.  How do you spend your days?  Sitting on the couch and eating bonbons, lol.  If someone asks me EVERYDAY what I am doing even when they know I do the same exact things everyday, I start throwing in tidbits that they really don't want to know.  For example: Makiah (my youngest) pooped out of her diaper!  Let me tell ya, that stuff was FUNKY!  Then I will go on to describe poop, lol.  Mean? Yes.  But it works, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I get that a lot, mostly from my old colleagues. I tell them I sit around all day watching soap operas, eating bon bons and ordering things from QVC. LOL :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• im a smartass... i tell them i sit on the computer all day and do nothing!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Gemgem you read my mind.  Bonbons and lots of soap operas, ha ha!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am a SAHM, but my DD is 13. I just stay home because my DH and DD expect me home when they are home. Although I do some book keeping work for my DH.
    I would just say I take care of my family and when they are not home I use that time to catch up on errands or chores around the house.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• lol @ scuba. that is what my old co-workers said when I left my job. They told me not to get into trouble by ordering too many things off TV. WTF people are crazy. I don't even know how to answer the question what we do all day. We never repeat the same day and the days fly by so fast b/c we stay busy. I have two under three and one of them is a newborn!
    anxious1stimer

Comment by anxious1stimer (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011