I am a Bad Mom. :(

I just got back from picking my daughter up at school.. Im not sure what happened but I lost all patience.. Oh, she wanted to put this dolphin toy away so she could have her nap. She plays and gets distracted along the way and I kinda get irritated.. I start snatching up the toys from the ground and hurling them into the toy box.. she starts crying.. I ask her if I got them all and she nods her head.. I tell her go to the bathroom so you can take your nap.. She doesnt walk fast enough for my so I snap at her to hurry up. She finally gets there and is still crying.. I tell her to knock it off.. She gets done and goes to lay in bed and then stops and whimpers at me that she wants her duckie.. I say, Okay, so go get it.. She goes to go get it, crying... I start mocking her "oo i want my duckie.. im such i baby waa waa" SHe goes in lays in bed. I sit out on the couch and cry. I dont want to be like this. I dont know what triggered it. Im tearing up as I type. I dont want to be this kind of mom. I love my daughter. I want to be happy. I would say its stress but i dont think so. I get alot of time away from her.. i just dont know what to do or how to help myself. I want to be a good mom..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You should go see a counselor maybe?
    Anonymous

• You may have a tinge of depression, it causes edginess. Although, sometimes too much coffee in my systems will cause me to be edgy. You may want to speak to a professional. You'll be glad you did.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• your not a bad mom just having a bad day... just tell her your sorry for snapping at her
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• all momies have temporary lapses of mommyhood....
    it is okay.... what is done is done... but go in there, and talk to her...
    don;t let her go to bed thinking that mommy is a big meenie....
    then tell you DH.. or a fmily meber that you need som time..... you need some you time! go to the strbucks, bar, something just get out for a bit and unwin....
    Sometimes we take this mommy job too seriously and it ends up driving us made causing our own temer tntrums.... what you did was a little harsh but it does not make you a bad mommy!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• What else is going on in your life? Are you resentful that your home with her and not doing something else? Are you having problems in your marriage/relationship? Are you stressed about work or money?
    What you did wasn't right at all...and I know exactly how you feel because i've been there. I've done the same thing. But I do know that when you treat your kids that way, there's an underlying issue or issues that need to be addressed. Address those issues now even if they are difficult. GL, and make sure to tell her sorry and have a good cry with her. It's ok to cry, and it's ok to cry in front of your daughter as long as you explain what's going on inside of you and let her talk about how she's feeling!
    Anonymous

• If this is a daily thing then I would suggest a counselor as you may be depressed. If it is not a dialy thing and only a one time thing then something had you on edge today and you need to tell her you are sorry and move on. Things happen sometimes and children need to see that parents are real people too and sometimes cannot control their emotions just like the kids, but show then how to correctly deal with it when it happens by apologizing to her.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I do simalar things. And I hate it. But can't seem to stop. I get so annoyed by my DS so easily. Mine I think stems from childhoold abuse and then all the stress I have aded to it. I work at home PT and have both kids when I do. I also have a 5 mo old who is been a major fussy face lately and is sucking the life out of me! I'm going to the doctors next week to talk to somone, I'd suggest if you notice there is a problem then you need to do something about it!
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We all loose it sometimes. It's good you are aware of it. Keep trying!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We have all been there, but I agree with adria, if this is something that happens repeatedly you are doing more harm by just trying to deal with it on your own, and you should seek some help.

Good luck, for you and for your little one!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have had 3 outbursts similar to this and I feel terrible but the range or the frusrtation seems stronger than me.. i always tell my son I am sorry for my behavior and have a talk with him.. I hate it too - my son is 3 and the last 2 were recent enough for me to still feel guilty about them.. I suffer from depression as it is and I feel its burying me someday, no matter what meds or counseling I'm doing.. I'm sorry this happened.. tell her you are sorry and you were wrong to make fun of her and that mommys make mistakes too and you will work on it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2011