I think I may be a little further along than I initially thought!

Ok, so... I'm pregnant! Three pregnancy tests and 3 months late all point to this being true. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for the official word but, I know already.
Here's the thing... I'm showing already AND today I felt and saw movement! Now according to my calculations, I'm only 1 1/2 - 2 months! A coworker tole me that you show early with the second but... This seems early. I think I'm further along! My mom once told me she was still having her cycle for upward of 3 months when she learned she was pregnant with me. What are the chances that I'm really 4 months along? EEK! I wasn't ready for this before now I'm freaking out!!! Anybody have pregnancy milestone timelines? How early did you begin to show and when could you visably notice movement? Subtle movements, no kicks yet.

summermommie2b

Asked by summermommie2b at 4:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've heard this a million times before. The early pregnancy "bloat" that makes your pants tight as soon as two line show up on that stick can really throw you for a loop. And the increase GI stuff can make you think baby is kicking away in there. Usually, women get disappointed when they find out that they really are only 2 months along and the bloat isn't baby, just bloating. And the kicking isn't kicking, just gas. Very rarely is someone further than they thought. Your doc/midwife can do an US to determine how far along you are, just don't get your hope up too much. Better to assume early and be told you're wrong than the other way around.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Is your period pretty regular or does it change flow from month to month? Many women have bleeding but it's not usually quite the same as their regular period (it can be lighter or not show up at the right time).

If you weren't trying did you and SO have an oops moment that might give you a clue as to when it happened?

You may be farther along but being 4 months along and having NO symptoms the whole time would be very unlikely.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Since your mom had cycles when she was pregnant with you, it is possible you could be further along then what you think you are. Everyone's bodies are different. The doctor should be able to tell you tomorrow about how far along you are, and if you tell them about your mom having her cycles during pregnancy and tell them you think you are further along, then they might do a ultrasound tomorrow and let you know how big the baby is measuring. Relax, and just enjoy it, you have a new bundle of joy in your tummy (: Congrats.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Have they done an ultrasound yet?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Tomorrow is my first visit. I wasn't "trying" but not avoiding either. My insurance at work didn't kick in until November and he's the suspecious type so if I suggested him wearing a comdom he'd think I was cheating! So, since April, I guess I've just been lucky.
    summermommie2b

Comment by summermommie2b (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Just tell your Dr. your not sure of your conception date and he/she will probably order an ultrasound to find out for sure.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 8:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well everyone, I finally got my ultrasound and I'm just over 12 weeks!! HOLY COW I'm going to be HUGE by the time the summer gets here. Yet another August baby! Seems I wasn't on my cycle past conception and I got pregnant Mid-November, just like I suspected originally... I'm just getting rounder by the SECOND! WHEW! Gained 3 lbs in ONE WEEK!!! Not bad really because I'm only at 115lbs. LOL
    Thanks for all your input ladies!
    summermommie2b

Comment by summermommie2b (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011