longest wars in America, do you think about them daily?

On Oprah today Tom Brokaw, Michelle Obama are on with soldiers storied

Tom asked Oprah to do this show because Americans that don't have a loved one there don't think about the sacrifices made everyday by soldiers and their families

Is it a part of your daily life?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My dads a retired Colonel so its always been part of our lives. I dont think about it every day, but I was raised to appreciate their sacrifices. As a family we sacrificed alot, my dad obviously did, and we moved alot because of it. I hate hearing people dog soldiers or their families. I think people who dont appreciate them are scum.

Answer by gemgem at 4:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Nope , not part of my direct family or my daily life but we have friends who are in the military and have been overseas so we are not oblivious to what is going on.
    Right now, as a whole, we can thank Obama and the Liberals for keeping the war in Afghanistan quiet. When it was BUSHES war we were never without daily comments and stories on the horrors of war. Now the media sees fit to keep it quiet because they know he has much on his plate and he doesn't want to ruffle feathers
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Bullshi#

Stephen Colbert went ther to draw attention because no one was talking about it and President Obama appeared on the show. Micjelle Obama is on Oprah talking about it.

Bush "mission accomplished" only talked about it during campaigns and to get bad legislation through
    sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes. Dh is a SGT and will be deploying to Afganastan in Dec. he has also been deployed to Kosovo.
    jhcz

Answer by jhcz at 5:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My job forces me to think about it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You bet your butt I do. My husband is deployoyed with NATO in Afghanistan right now. I can tell you first hand it is FUBAR over there right now..............WAAAAYYYYYYY to much politics and not enough actual military strategy.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Ysk

These wars have been since the beginning
    sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes. My dad is retired, was in Vietnam twice. I had 2 BIL in years ago, one went to Saudi, both went to Panama. Hubby is in, will be deploying, again, in about 6 months. His brother is in, and has deployed many times. It is not a part of our daily lives. It IS our LIFE. I was born into the Army. It has always been my life.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes, my family is military-- DH reitred, 2 out of 3 sons currently on active duty. One just finished up a tour in Afgahanistan & comes back to the states tomorrow.
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011