How did you find the right sippy cup for your child?

It seems like I have gone through almost all the sippy cups in the store and my daughter seems to not like any of them. She will suck on it for a few second then that is it. I keep it where she can get it and take a drink from but she never does. I want to stop her bottle soon but with her not drinking from a sippy cup makes it hard. So how did you get your child to drink from a sippy? My son wasn't picky so it wasn't a problem with him, but with my daughter,well thats different. ( she will be 1 on feb.3rd)

MamaLisec

Asked by MamaLisec at 4:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I doubt that it's the sippy cup..... As you give her less bottles she will adjust, or you can try it cold turkey for a day and see what happens....I wouldn't worry about it....my son never did like to drink out of a cup, and even now at 10 I have to force him to get a drink every once in a while....stubborn kids..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thank you anna924..! I may just try the straw cups and see if she likes that better? Kids are always trial and error with trying new things it makes it so hard for us moms!
    MamaLisec

Comment by MamaLisec (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my son is 10 months. he was never a huge fan of the regular cups, he would just take one or two sips and get disinterested. I found a cup at babies r us, made by playtex.. its a straw cup and when mommy squeezes the sides (pretty hard so the kids can't do it ttoo) it comes up the straw a little so they can get a taste and get the hang of it! My son loves it, i swear by this cup lol GL!
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 7:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I was given and bought many different brands and at first she had her favorites. (started with sippy's at about 6 months with just water) Now she will take any kind of sippy cup I give her (she is 15 months). Sometimes they just have to get the feel for it. They are use to the bottle so the cup changes things up for them. You will find one your LO will use : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011