Should I have a third?

Ok so i have 2 boys ages 4 and 2. DH is hinting around for a third. I'm pretty happy and work full time. I am not sure a third is a good idea. I just don't know what to do? Thoughts? Is it that much harder to have a third? I'm going to be 35 in June and pregnancy risks go up at that age. I'm really stressing...

jonsmom31

Asked by jonsmom31 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I only have the one myself, but a friend of mine with three said one to two is harder than two to three.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Talk it over and only do it if you both really want one. Nothing could be worse than resenting the child keeping you from what you want your life to be.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I DONT RECOMENT YOU A THIRD YOU ARE A PROFESIONAL AND HAD ESTABLISH A GOOD ROUTINE.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't really say it the way the last Mommy put it but I would lean more towards the fact that if you are asking this question then you are not ready which means you should not have one right now. I think that unless it is completely a mutual decision then it is not the best decision for your family. I would not worry so much about the age thing. I know so many Mom's that have had little ones after that age. Weigh whether it is right for your family. Do you have room in your house? So you have the time needed for a baby? Do you have the money? So on and so forth in that direction.....If all the answers are yes, then ask yourself do I want another one?
    For me the transition from two to three I found harder but awesomely rewarding and we are having a fourth soon. Lots of luck on the big decision.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thats a decision that only you and your Dh can make but from my experience it was the best thing we did (I was working part time and after Colin was 3 mo we made the decision that i stay home) Daniel was 5 and Anna was 21/2 then! They all have a great realationship! Colin and Anna have shared a room since h was 5 mo and they are the best of friends and he will at times goto her for comfort and she thinks that she is his little mamaand she wanted to be involved with everything we did with him from feeding to bathing! For us the transition from 2-3 was so much easier than from 1 to 2 GL!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011