How do you go about...

So my so and i have been going out for a little bit now. I am in college and live with my family with my little one.He lives with his sister and he works a full time job and she is unemployed. My so sister decided that she was going to go to Hawaii for a week bc her so is in Iraq she wanted to get things in line before he comes back home in March. But now she is staying there, going to pay rent but no bills intill March. She coming home in February for a week to sign a year contract for there place with him but she is only going to for six months and leave him again to move out by herself and her so. She is not going to help with the rent or any of the bills for the last of the six months. he has to take off of school bc he cant financially afford it for a yr so he hoping after the year he can go back and finish up his degree. He is also looking for another job which he is hoping that will float him by. So my question is, what do i do? I feel i should say something but is it really my place? what are your thoughts and comments it will really help me.
Jess

bridynme

Asked by bridynme at 4:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask him if he's okay with what's going on. Ask question if he's making good choices.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Unless the two of you are making plans to move into together or get married then I don't think you should give him advice on his finances, but that's just my feelings. To me finances are a pretty private topic so unless you are really serious with someone then I feel it is their business to proceed as they see fit. It may be a red flag to you and something you should consider if things between you do get more serious- so that you don't marry him and ending up having his sister live with you. If he brings it up or asks your opinion that is one thing, but to offer it might upset him. Does he feel he has to help his sister or does he feel he can't find someplace cheaper? It's a shame he has to put his education on hold, maybe you could ask him if he sees anyway to make the situation better. I would say talk about it if he brings it up, but try to listen and ask questions more than offering your opinion. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• bump, bump, bump, bump, bump, and do your homework luck.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2011