why do you believe that judging is bad ?

i believe though God well judge us all , that it is part of our duty to hold one another acountable and to many people play the you should not judge card ,oh by the way to clear one thing up before non believers bash me on this question. I am talking to chrsitains , it is our duty to hold other christains acountable for what they do and how they live but we ahould never hold a non believer acountable . The new testment paul held all the chrsitains acountable and that is what the letters to the churches where doing telling them where they haved failed and who they needed to live . I think the problem is everyone gets the feeling hurt and take it personal when it is not cause we should not judge a person but judge their sin and reassure them that we still love them but we think they are stumbaling and we are just giving them a hand

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1).
    matthew 7 2-5 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Judgement and caring about someone are different things entirely. We need to help each other in kind ways to do what is right . We need to seek out examples of good behaviors from our Bible to help others.

Judgement comes in when the intent is to prove someone wrong or when we are only interested in making a point. It is all about intent.

I struggle with this also...Great question.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• ok im going to be a looney..but i believe that we feed off of one another. I try to get to know the person but I will distance myself from people that are basically sucking the life outta me. I try to respect u on any topics that are where we will probably disagree. I will not tell a woman who is in love with a woman that she will be damned even though it is phrased somewhat in the bible. Reason for that is, I have no power over you.. I should just be blunt that I do not want that to forced upon me. the motto for me and what i want someone to define when thought of me is that I am a shoulder to cry on, i am that person to call when u break down in the middle of nowhere.. and somehow impacted ur life. Whether it was support for a goal u were achievin or was standing next to them when one of their dreams came true..
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 4:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Matthew chapter 7, John chapter 8.
    Jesus himself said we should not judge others unless our own lives are completely right. Do you claim you are without sin? Do you claim that you do not need Jesus to die for you since you are sin free? If not, then consider the teachings of Jesus and leave the judging up to God. Sure, you can tell others "I think such and such is wrong." And they are free to ignore you. If you keep telling them they are dire sinners because they do not live as you do, do you really think they will change? Do you really think God will appreciate you driving them further from Him? Because that is what many hard-core "Christians" do. They are so annoying and offensive that the very people they are trying to "help" turn even further from God. Do you think God will reward you for the people you drive away from Him?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• its not your place to judge telling someone they have wronged and are going to hell is not your place .. i agree with one above me that said that judgeing and careing are two different things you can care and help someone but the way some of these "christians" on here are is they say oh you did this god hates you now your going to hell or they say well you dont belive what i belive so your goin g to hell that is wrong and you hold no right what so ever to tell someone that ever at all its not your place and if you keep on judgeing people sorry to say but they will be getting to heaven before you
    Anonymous

• First of all, if you are a Christian, as you claim to be, then you are familiar with the Bible passages that have already been quoted by the previous posters.

The reason that I feel it is wrong to judge, is because by judging someone else, you are basically saying that you are better than they are. Just because you don't make the same choices as someone else does not make you better than them in any way.
    4boysmom32

Answer by 4boysmom32 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• To sum up what everyone on here is saying: We hold ourselves accountable to God for what WE do. We cannot live others' lives for them, and neither are we accountable for their actions. All we can do is live a life that points others to Jesus, and it's His deal from that point. We are to show His Love and deal with problems as He would. It's His place to bring them in and our place to show the example.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• you hold no right what so ever to tell someone that ever at all its not your place and if you keep on judgeing people sorry to say but they will be getting to heaven before you

I COULDNT AGREE MORE ITS SO ANNOYING EVERYONE TRING TO SAY WHAT YOU BELIVE OR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE IS SENDING YOU TO HELL IT IS I SWEAR THE MOST UNCHRISTIAN THING IVE EVER SEEN AND IT SEEMS TO GET WORSE
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Because the bible says "Thou shalt not judge." What right do you have to tell someone they are wrong? There is a big difference in being judgmental and keeping a friend accountable for their actions.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Condemning( that is the word translated from the original Greek) someone for their actions is wrong, but when we see someone sinning we are supposed to let them know what they are doing is wrong. We are to let people know (with love) that they are on the wrong path.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2008