How does your 15 month old feel about the word 'no'?

Mine acts like it's the end of the world. She will look right at me and continue to do what I told her not to do and then throw a fit when I actually have to physically remove her from an area because she's unsafe. I don't remember my first child being this defient. It's awful.

sugaree

Asked by sugaree at 4:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 12 month old is the same way! she has been stubborn since she was old enough to crawl and start getting into things. she has a total meltdown at the word no and actually throws herself on the floor and kicks her feet. im always thinking omg, this at 12 months already?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My 15 month old tries to turn it into a game.  I'll tell her no no and she'll keep doing whatever she's doing.  I distract her, I don't want her thinking it's a game.  Most of the time, she listens, thankfully. Yes, mine throws a fit too sometimes when told no.  We laugh, gotta laugh to keep from crying, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My 13 month old with turn and smile or even start laughing when we tell her no. We don't crack a smile or laugh, but sometimes it's so hard I have to hide my face from her
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Mine more so lays down and cries, it's not a tantrum situation LOL That will come soon enough.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Mine is a full on tantrum, scream at the top of her lungs, and if I put her in her room with the gate up, so she can stay in there and play with everything (there's nothing in there that she's not supposed to get into) she stands at the gate screaming bloody murder. She doesn't listen to anything, and if I leave the room that she is in, she totally freaks out. I see a bit of a spoiled brat, brewing and I'm not a fan at all!!!!!
    sugaree

Comment by sugaree (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Hates to hear it!! LOVES to say it : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My twins don't like "no" but its not full on tantrums if it is said. They know that I mean it when I say it but if they choose to do right (and I try to let them choose as much as possible) they will get all the praise in the world. So "no" in my house is a prelude to love when respected.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• was just logging on to se e this. my daughter just had her first tantrum at the word no.... fifteen months to o
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011