Hands

Nicolas is 4months in 3days and is just finding out about his hands. He loves to eat them. I bought him toys to help him grip and learn to hold but he does not seem interested.

Should he be holding things yet? My girlfriend says her son is but its about a month older.

mommycoleyy88

Asked by mommycoleyy88 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child does it on their own schedule. Fnding his hands is the start. Keep offering him things and it won't be long. There is a wide range of what normal is.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think he's probably fine- he just discovered his hands, afterall, so that means he'll need a good bit of time to just chew on them and see what they can do. Then he'll discover he can use those hands to find other things to chew on and it will be a whole new world for him.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My son will be 4 months old tomorrow. He can't hold anything but for a few seconds. He isn't really interested in toys either. He is more interested in his fingers, my fingers, and my hair:)
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011