Is it easier with 2?

I am thinking of having another baby. I have one and I`ve heard sometimes it`s easier when you have two because they entertain each other and have someone to play with. I know it won`t be easier at first though. Do you agree that two is better than one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• CONSDER IF YOU BOTH DESIRE MAKE THE FAMILY GROW AND THINK ABOUT THE QUALITY OF BENEFITS EACH WILL HAVE. tWO IS THE BEST. WHAT SEX IT WILL BE?MMMM THEN YOU HAVE A COUPLE BYE
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I love having 2 kids and always wanted 2 kids. But is it easier not at all. More to pick up and clothes to wash. My kids are 3 and almost 1 and sometimes they play together and other times my son who is 3 wiill take a toy that my daughter who is 1 has away. But my son also tried to help with my daughter like goes and gets a diaper for me or will give her snacks when we are in the car and I can't turn back. So its a little of both but i would say more harder but a lot more enjoyable in the end!
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 4:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't say that it is easier. More love to go around and more rewarding yes. Can a family be right with one little one? Of course!! I just think it is something that you will find the answer to in your hear. I can't imagine only having one but I can't imagine only have two either.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It is! Sometimes even when you have an infant because the older one is so eager to help....sometimes....when my second was about 10 weeks or so my son then 3 did suggest that when we tire of her that we throw her in the garbage... and he was willing to be the one to do it too!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• LOL No way! It's twice as much worked!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• twice the work but twice the fun:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It is not easier. It depends how big you would like your family to be. Don't have a child so they can be playmates. They also fight and irritate each other!! Decide how many children would make your fmaily complete and use that, and that only, to decide.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Two of my close friends have toddlers and just had second babies. It doesn't look easy, it looks horrific. The toddler is still as demanding and now they are not sleeping due to the newborn and breastfeeding on top of it all. It looks extremely unappealing to me, but then again, this phase shouldn't last more than a couple years. Don't count on them playing together until the second is at least old enough to crawl. In fact, I wouldn't have another just to give the first a 'playmate.' What if they don't play but fight? Is that really a reason to have another kid?
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No. Going from 1 to 2 is really a hard transition. And then there's a lot of guilt that you can't be in two places at once. It's frustrating that your toddler needs you and wants to play when you are trying to nurse the baby. It's frustrating when the baby finally goes down for a nap and you have to wake him up 20 minutes later to pick the oldest up from preschool. It's frustrating when you can't do some of the things your oldest wants to do because you can't bring along a baby, and it's frustrating when the oldest wakes the youngest. Or when you can't get something with small pieces for the oldest or the small pieces get left out around the youngest. Sometimes you feel like you're spending all of your days trying to meet everyone's needs, which is impossible all of the time. It's hard. It's worth it though, and it gets easier as they get older.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• From what I have seen...no it does not look easy. It looks stressful! Please do not have another child because of playmates. My mom did this and I hated it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011