Do you have times when you have to remind you family that you need love too?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I am one of those people brought up on stoicism and the idea of self last. It annoys the daylights out of me that in today's society some people talk about themselves and their impulses very freely. The old concept of looking out for others automatically ensured that there was always a bunch of people considering your needs without saying anything. If my family members would only watch out for me and other family members at the same time as considering their own needs, then we would all be a little happier. I do not want them to be neglectful of their own needs (as used to happen in the past) but just considerate. I should not need to tell people that I am tired or sick, they should observe it. I should not need to ask people to pick up a cushion, they should notice for themselves. If I employed a butler I would not need to tell him what to do, so why should I need to tell someone in my own family?
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes all the time
    2_kiddos

Answer by 2_kiddos at 4:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yes once in a blue moon cause i tend to keep things bottled up
    whitepanther78

Answer by whitepanther78 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yeah im going threw that now with my husband he rather be on his phone or on the videogames
    Jocelynn18

Answer by Jocelynn18 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Nope. My SO makes sure to make me feel loved all the time.

The kids...that's a different story. Sometimes it's about them and other times they are so lovey.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yep
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No. My kids tell me every day they love me. My dh corners me all the time and tells me he loves me.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Most definitely. Husband thinks the tv and computer are more important than I am. Even watches TV when we are in bed until midnight. Been married not even two years and the romance is completely gone. We aren't younguns anymore, but this is not what I had expected at all. It's like I am just here to have someone here and to be his caregiver and his doer. Boy! wish I could do it over again.
    Caring1

Answer by Caring1 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thankfully, no.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 6:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i would like to remind them..but i dont
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011