My friend is pregnant and claiming she was raped...

She knows when it happened and thinks she has an idea of who it was but doesn't want to tell anybody. She said I'm the only person who knows. She doesn't want to keep the baby, but doesn't want to tell anybody what happened. I don't know what to do? Should I try to convince her to do something or just be there for her for whatever decision she makes? I just don't want her to regret anything later and feel like I didn't do enough for her to make the right choice...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Try to talk some sense into her! If he did in fact rape her he thinks he got away with it and will try it again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I mean he will rape another woman not her again.
    mommy_of_two388

• Just support her in her decision. If you start to push her then she will just pull away. If she asks for help or your opinion then let her know how you feel about it or what you would do. But being raped and getting pregnant from it is a hard thing to deal with. Just tell her to hang in there and that everything will work out.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• She thinks it happened at a friends house, but doesn't want to tell that friend. Should I tell the friend?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Your friend should tell someone- namely the authorities. Other than that you should just be there for your friend to work out whatever she needs to and let her come to a decision on what she wants to do. Be supportive- don't lecture.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My heart goes out to your friend. It's not an easy decision regardless what she decides to do. I think all you can do is be there for her. Perhaps you can look up some none-for-profit organizations in your area that provide support/professional help re: this type of situtations....and offer to drive her there.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Dont say anything. It is not your place to say something about what happened to her. Try to talk to her about it without making it feel like you are trying to push her into saying something. She will regret telling you about it if you run and tell the friend....she needs to be the one to do it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• How could she not know exactly when she was raped or who it was by?? And if she was raped, take her to the Dr or try to talk to her and reason with her.. I am sure she's going through a lot right now.. try not to push her to make a decsion, just to think of all her options.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would support your friend and do what she wants, I wouldn't tell the other friend without telling the girl who was raped first. I'd encourage her to go to the police so it doesn't happen to someone else, they can be discreet. Tell her you will go with her, if she doesn't feel she can then I wouldn't press her I'd just support her.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Be her rock. Be her ear. Be her support system. You can give her encouraging words when she talks to you, but do not step outside from her and do anything, this is something she needs to be in control of.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011