Pregnancy test that tell you before you miss your period

my period is suppose to come on the 3rd but I have a feeling it wouldn't be..so what pregnancy tests brands can I take tha will tell me before I miss my period?
Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Any test really But I would wait a few more days and test. Or you can go get a blood test done and that will tell you a yes or no answer.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i dont know. I took 3 hpt and I was 4 days late they all said not pregnant, until last night. and I was 5 days late. so I wish i knew
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Most tests still require 12 days from fertilization for there to be enough hormone in your system to register.

so if you are wanting to test now, don't waste your money and go get a blood test.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Go to the store and look at boxes. The more sensitive tests will say on the box that they can be taken "up to 5 days before a missed period". If it doesn't say that, don't waste your money. And even the ones that say they can detect pregnancy early still say it's best to wait at least until you miss your period, if not a few days after. But the only way to know is to take one and see.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• any store brand or name brand will... that's how i found out before the doctor did.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• "first response' i think is good or e.p.t.. wait a few days though. i knew i was pregnant with my 2nd before missing my period but the test came back negative the first time, and even then i was still sure. took it again a week later and it showed up
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 5:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Your best bet would be to go get a blood test done, as they are the most accurate anyways weather you have missed your period or not. If you really want to go get a pregnancy test i'd go with the First response or EPT, they seem to be good brands, but they usually only detect up to "five" days early, and it's a slim chance it'll be correct. (: Good luck.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am pregnant with my third, and I found out with all three several days before my period. I use the cheap $1.00 tests from a dollar store. Trust me, they all work the same. dont waste a lot of money on the more expensive ones. Buy a few dollar tests and try every day until you know for sure.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 8:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It really depends on your cycle this time as to when they can detect pregnancy. If you ovulated on the 14th day of your cycle, like they assume you do, then there are tests (and they say on the box) that can detect "early." However, not every woman ovulates on the 14th day of her cycle. Any deviation from their "normal" changes when the test would work for you. Even with the early tests, it is usually best to wait until your missed period to test. If you've got cash to spare and want to test early, have at it. Just know you'll retest a million times if it comes out negative.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• With my first baby I took First Response. I still had a few days before my period and it came back positive. I trust that one pretty well. I also bought walgreens brand digital and my tests were faulty. The digital reader didnt work at all.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2011