Had a weird thing happen with a photo added to a question - it was replaced by a different photo - happen to anyone else?

I swear I had a different photo than the one that is reflected on the question now. Freaks me out. I went to vote up answers and close the question and this gun photo appeared ...

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/716899/Why_is_hoarding_becoming_such_a_problem

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in About CafeMom

• For a while last night, it was a picture of a giant crowd of angry Tunisians - which put the question in a whole different light. I think you had a dynamic link in there instead of a permanent one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Maybe they edited their post?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Wait I saw you posted it. I have no idea that is weird.
    mommy_of_two388

• Did you add the image from a file, or as a hyperlink to an image you found somewhere? If it's a hyperlink to someone else's image, they may have replaced the original with a different one with the same name. OK, I looked at the source for your question, and probably newsweek replaced http://www.newsweek.com/content/newsweek/index/_jcr_content/feature.img.wide.1296066440642.jpg with another image at that path.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Ah if you linked the main page of say newsweek then your picture will change as they update their site etc. My suggestion would ne to try to find the same picture under google images or something and open it as it's own file and link to that photo.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Oh, that explains it - I thought I had some weird hacker into my question. Problem solved!
    tasches

Comment by tasches (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011