has anyone taken a 3 month old to disneyland??

where they able to go on the slow rides on your lap? im thinking of taking my 5 yr old but feel bad leaving her with a babysitter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't think of 1 ride a 3 month old would be able to ride, even in a lap, except maybe those slow boat rides like "It's a Small World" or "Pirates of the Carribean" but even then I don't think it's suitable for a 3 month old. That's still a newborn. I don't even know if the park would allow it. You'd probably just be pushing the stroller around the park all day.
    Anonymous

• You should feel bad thinking of putting a three month through a day at Disneyland. Take the baby when he is three or four years old. There is nothing for him to enjoy. It will interfere with the good time you are planning for your five year old.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Have you EVER been to Disneyland, where they have like 100,000 people or more through their gates in a day? I cannot even begin to imagine why you would expose a three month old to that! The five year old, I can see. Get her an autograph book when you go in the gate, and make a game out of finding characters for their autographs. You will want a stroller, even tho the kid is five years old they do better if they can ride once in a while. How would you like to be dragged through crowds with your nose in everybody's butts? We took my daughter when she was 4, and to Disneyworld when she was five. Funny, but the only thing she remembers about either trip is that she locked my out on our patio, and took off running through the Marriot, looking for Grandma! I remember the ride she liked best-it was the Autopia-where she got to drive!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I took my son at 8 months. He had a great time. I sat with him a lot while the others were on rides, but there are a lot of 3D movies and things he could do. If it were me, I would probably wait one more year. Then he would def have fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would wait til they can actually remember it. Unless you are a regular and go all the time.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We took my daughter when she was like a year old. She could go on pretty much every ride and she loved it. I know plenty of people who have taken infants. I have been to Disneyland around 30 times and I would say it's fine. She can sit on your lap or be pushed in a stroller. You can walk around and look at fireworks, parades, etc. I don't think it is a 'waste' of time esp. since you have an older kid. Disneyland is for people of all ages.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• too young
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Wow, for all the rest of you in the beginning, give her a flipping break! It was a question! It's not like she's bungee jumping with the kid.

To answer your question, I don't think you can take a baby on rides there, but taking the baby to the park I think would be ok. It may be a little boring for you though,
    mantamoo

Answer by mantamoo at 6:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If it is just you and the kids going I wouldn't take the baby. You wouldn't be able to ride anything so neither would the 5 yo. If you have another adult going then I guess it would be ok, but you or the other adult would be sitting out of everything. Personally I wouldn't take the baby. Send her to her grandparents so she gets some one on one time with them while you go with the 5 yo. I think it would be more fun for everyone that way.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• First of all...since my son is disabled...we get a guest assistance pass! We don't wait in ANY lines what-so-ever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011