this might be stupid but

what is castor oil? iv heard about it for inducing labor but i dont know what it is exactly.
no im not trying to induce labor im only 17weeks just curious

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It tastes terrible and it doesn't work! It just gives you diarreah!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• its what some take to clear their system really quick. some women do take it to induce labor some says it helps others say other wise so who knows if it does induce or not.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 4:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• its disgusting , its like fish oil or something , I know that our grandparents used to give our parents a spoon ful of it everyday because it is supposed to be good for you probably full of the right vitamins .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• According to wiki:

"Castor oil is a vegetable oil obtained from the castor bean."

"Castor oil (CAS number 8001-79-4) is a colorless to very pale yellow liquid with mild or no odor or taste."

"Castor oil and its derivatives have applications in the manufacturing of soaps, lubricants, hydraulic and brake fluids, paints, dyes, coatings, inks, cold resistant plastics, waxes and polishes, nylon, pharmaceuticals and perfumes."
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It's oil pressed from castor beans. In the bad old days, people used it as a laxitive.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• NO taste?! It was the nastiest stuff I've ever had to force myself to swallow! Of course, it may have been the overall oiliness....*gag*
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• it is disgusting, and it doesnt work! i tried it with my first baby - nothing. then i was stupid enough to try it again with my second baby - again nothing. so you may be thinking was i stupid enough to try it the third time? well i am proud to say no!!! but seriously it does not work, it won't hurt you, and it is nasty!

kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 4:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• ive never tried it but i know i smells horrible i cant imagine the taste and its not good for inducing labor it scan cause your baby to have a BM and if they breathe that in on the first breathe then it could cause serious breatheing problems ...
    Anonymous

• I drank it with oj. I didn't taste a thing. I was in labor six hours later. I doesn't work with everybody though.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Just wanted to add for op 5:36, my mother advised me to take it to induce... she is a midwife.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008