Caffeine or Not? I was told told to lay off of it, but then I have a friend who says they still put it into tea bags, etc..

I have heard over the years that Caffeine in bad for women and they should not have it, but then when I question it, I am told that they don't really take the caffeine out of drinks, tea bags, coffee, etc. Friend who was a truck driver says they put the same tea in different containers and label them decaf when the actually are not. What do you think and what is your opinion? Has anyone else heard of this to. Have also heard that decaf is not good for you either.

Caring1

Asked by Caring1 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Health

• Decaffeinated can still contain some caffeine, although it can be anywhere from half to 95% less what it was before. Caffeine-free means exactly that.

If you want a naturally no-caffeine tea, try rooibos tea.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• When it comes to a manufacturer that is not the case. If it says caff free then it is. Now diners and restaurants are sometimes a diff story. A study showed that many diners will brew reg coffee in a decaf pot. I make the coffee at my restaurant and would never do that. But SOME places will
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I've heard of restaurants and such doing that, serving caffeinated tea/coffee to customers and telling them it's decaf, but if a tea/coffee manufacturer, etc., were to continuously and purposefully mislabel their products, someone would catch on. There are way too many people who are sensitive to the effects of caffeine, and it would be too easy to prove.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• There could potentially be a HINT of caff in decaf but Im not sure. Its kind of like non-alcohol beer. it still contains a small amount of alcholol . But if you do your homework you will realize that the process used to make decaf can be more harmful then caff itself. GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011